What kind of book Genre do you like?

Saturday 7 May 2011

Magician: Apprentice

Magician: Apprentice
Raymond E. Feist
Age: Grade 9+
Rating: 9/10
This is one of the first books of my favorite series. So those who are like "Who would teacher this book?" I would say, "Anyone who wants to get their students/kids entangled in one of the best fantasy series ever.". This book is a great introduction to the 20+ book series of Raymond Feist. I have enjoyed all his books and looked forward to each release. The story is about two boys who are friend in a small medieval like town. They each have different aspirations in life. All of a sudden their life is turned upside down when they are thrusted into a war without any training. All of a sudden both boys must learn the trades offered to them or die. This book is amazing and do not want to give it away. If you were a Harry Potter fan, I suggest you read this book. It is like Harry Potter for adults. Great read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I hope you enjoyed this review (in this case a recommendation too). Please leave a nice comment if you have anything to say!
Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. I have heard a little about this sereies. It sounded interesting. Though I did find it hard to locate at my second hand book store. maybe I'll check back in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a huge fan of fantasy sci fi, but this looks like quite a book to check out. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter for adults? Okay I'll give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ChaCha I feel the same way haha. I don't know about you, but I was pretty turned off by this book until I read that line. Now I might have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks pretty cool, gonna have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series looks sweet, cant wait till i get a chance to check it out ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's recommended by you, I'll try and get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I loved HP series so I should check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 9/10 is amazing, will read. may be one of the greats

    ReplyDelete
  11. sort of unrelated - but im loving the typography on its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dammit, I too fell for the Harry Potter for adults line. :|

    Imma search for this..

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh awesome, never heard of these before, thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you said harry potter for adults, I sounded less dirtier in your head right? Joke a side, looks interesting xD

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is quite possibly one of the greatest fantasy writers ever, and I easily rank him above Tolkien for writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You convinced me with "harry potter for adults" lol I'll give it a try, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds interesting, a possible addition to our library.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anybody interested in good fantasy should check out Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE THIS BOOK - This is the first series of books to ever make me laugh and cry and freak out all in the same story, the characters are so wonderful and the plot is awesome. I'm so glad you decided to review it :) The first books i read were the Empire Trilogy he wrote with Janny Wurts, same story but from the other worlds point of view, they deserve an honourable mention, though the writing style is a fair bit more complex :) Thanks for the awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete